Autore Topic: Hello from northern Italy (Lake Garda)  (Letto 1467 volte)

Offline Frank78

Hello from northern Italy (Lake Garda)
« il: 28 Lug 2013, 16:51:12 »
Hi all,
After more than a year on this forum I think it is time I present myself. I am Englishman who lives and works just north of Lake Garda. I was involved in setting up the hiistory group called A. B. and recently we held an exhibition at Nago on WWII. Along with the exhibition we published a book called “Sulle Blaue Linie Con La Decima Divisione Da Montagna (USA) I bunker, le vicende, i documenti, le immagini (Garda Trentino 27 Aprile - 2 Maggio 1945) ” This book is going to also be published in English!
I’m also in contact with the 10th Mt Division group in the States, the Gruppo Volontari del Garda   regards the DUKW that sank Lake on the 29/04/1945  and future plans.
As well as this I'm interested to know of crash sites in the area, in terms of documents, looking for finds, and talking to people to get witness statements. If people need any help, I'm willing to to help looking for finds at other sites (work commitments permitting).
At present I have worked on two crash sites:
1. B-26 Marauder – 05/10/1944  -  Above Nago (research done by Gianni Berti ref  ‘La Giurisdizione Penede Numero 37 - Dic 2011’)
2. B-25 Mitchell    - 06/02/1945   – With Zetag, thanks to him I discovered this great forum!
Ideas of new research area:
ME 109                 -  04/07/1944    - Near Limone dal Garda (date and plane information provided thanks to  maxjvb)

A presto,

frank78

Offline Chloe

Re:Hello from northern Italy (Lake Garda)
« Risposta #1 il: 02 Mag 2017, 22:41:28 »
Dear Frank 78,

I was wondering if you might be able to help ?
My grandfather Haydn Hounam Hopkin was shot down on 12.2.45 off of Venice.
Here is the strand I have found which pertains to his potential crash site;

http://www.archeologidellaria.org/index.php?topic=910.0

Any help/advice/anthing you can tell me would be of great assistance.

Kind wishes,

Chloe

Offline ClinA-78

Re:Hello from northern Italy (Lake Garda)
« Risposta #2 il: 14 Ago 2017, 22:04:19 »
Hello Frank,

I would be interested by said Bf 109 lost near Limone as I will spend some days for holidays there, in the following weeks...
However, I am afraid, nothing in my friend's database.

Best regards

Ciao

ClinA-78