Autore Topic: Lost 31 SAAF Liberator KH158 and 8 crew -SAAF ,RAF,RAAF 12/10/44  (Letto 9996 volte)

Offline Marco S.

Re: Lost 31 SAAF Liberator KH158 and 8 crew -SAAF ,RAF,RAAF 12/10/44
« Risposta #45 il: 15 Gen 2013, 08:20:48 »
Hello Anne,

You right about Oetzi, but it was just a body lying over a glacier in wide retreat... Not a Liberator bomber!

I mean, in effect I discovered this Wellington, the LN466, while its wreckage was still unknown to the worldwide researcher community. Maybe other elder shepherds and hunters knew that, up there, there were strange remains, but they all passed away in last decades. Therefore we may say I found a still-undiscovered wreckage in the hearth of European mainland, so of course as I wrote yesterday we can't exclude to find this huge Liberator, too.

The problem is, such absolutely new findings are very rare. Maybe you don't know the exact crash site, but at least you gather some legends or voices about "something" fallen somewhere; if you enter the section of this forum aimed to indicate new possible crash sites,

http://www.archeologidellaria.org/index.php?board=25.0

you will realize how many "voices" and old data are available to start new researches.
In this case, unfortunately, there are still no voices, memories or paragraphs stating that a large and unknown bomber crashed on that hill, on these mountains. So, according to me, there are just few possibilities:

1. The plane lies underwater. Therefore the only chance is to spread the letter I translated for you everywhere.
2. The plane is onshore, but not where you and all the other helpers thought. In my book I discovered how much a plane can be diverted by bad weather.
3. The plane is onshore and some shepherds or farmers knew that, but for whatever reasons the memories of their sightings remained unknown.
4. The plane is onshore and its wreckage was simply confused with an other one.

Do you tried to create a GPS map of its official route? It would be important to spread it.

Kind regards,

Marco
« Ultima modifica: 15 Gen 2013, 08:23:43 da Marco S. »
Marco  Una salus victis, nullam sperare salutem

Offline aestorm

« Risposta #46 il: 15 Gen 2013, 09:48:51 »
Marco
I've written to priests in some villages near the drop zone and mayors [sindaco ?] in Italian, including the mayor in Rapallo .Only the Rapallo man replied

Anne

Offline Marco S.

« Risposta #47 il: 15 Gen 2013, 10:20:32 »

Thanks Anne, continue in this way... :-)
Marco  Una salus victis, nullam sperare salutem